Friday, September 16, 2016

0.2.0 Release!

New release, with new content!

First of all, Link:


https://mega.nz/#!K90RgaoR!3DpNPCWygJnftETDus_KEMob_fck-R9cakjMw9IS0HI

Second of all, Patch notes:

-Next plot segment added; only a few maps since this bit takes place back in Trysnaak

-A couple of new unique enemy classes, and one new unique recruitable enemy

-Greatly increased TP gains across the board, because nobody was getting enough to actually use it

-Fixed a bug where the imps outside of the castle (on fire) might fail to recruit

-Made the abyssal claw limit break actually attainable this time

-Zhaleh can now deal damage with her damaging abilities

-Gwendolyn's Barren Gale should no longer permanently remove people from the party under certain conditions

-Gwendolyn's Barren Gale should no longer cause the mountans to continuously blink in and out of existence

-Gwendolyn's Barren Gale should no longer cause the game to hang if it defeats a party member with damage

-Seriously that spell was more trouble to get working than almost the entire recruitment system

As for the plan going forward:

The next couple of weeks are going to be devoted to polish. That is, I'm going to be working on icons, animations, balance, and so on for the content that already exists. Hopefully I'll put out a new release (with no new story content) around the end of the month (but again, not a promise). Any comments, complaints, bug reports, etc please comment. Thanks for playing!

9 comments:

  1. The 3 main characters in my party are getting instakilled by the big Spirit Flare move from that boss in the warehouse, and with everyone guarding it still nearly kills everyone except for the level 6 Thrall Harpy who takes like 10% damage. What's up? I'm going to try again now that I have time but it seems unfair and probably unintended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Tactical Avoidance was the answer but since it only lasts a second it's impossible to use 99% of the time.

      Delete
    2. Well, you're on the right track. It is intended that tactical avoidance should be one option; I think I just figured out why the states last for seemingly unpredictable durations, and I hope to have that resolved for the next release. That said, there is another method to avoid it. I probably didn't make it clear enough that it's possible in this case, but it's possible to avoid the move by changing rows in between the targeting and the casting phases. Expect that to be made easier to figure out in the next release as well. Thanks for playing!

      Delete
    3. Aww man!
      I briefly considered that as a possibility, but dismissed it because it didn't make sense. Should have tried it. Welp.

      Delete
    4. I finally did it! I enthralled Faurach... whoops no Thrall face for her so crash -_-
      lol I'll make a placeholder but plz have for next release I want Thrall army.

      Delete
    5. ... I made a placeholder. If I enthrall/make Farauch my subordinate I get an infinite loop of her telling me to go to Echolia Manufacturing. Seems the end of cutscene puts me within the bounds of the cutscene.

      Delete
    6. I don't want to leave too many unmodifiable comments so anything else that happens I'll put on Hypnohub.
      Though I really want Farauch in my party so I'll wait for fixes that let me continue before I keep going.

      Delete
    7. Apparently I'm awful at testing stuff. That said, both of those are easy fixes so next release they'll be resolved. Thanks for the reports, they're very helpful.

      Delete
    8. It's cool. I'll try my best to report things on HypnoHub from now on

      Delete