Saturday, August 6, 2016

List of things to complete before the 0.1.3 "complete demo" release:

-Database feature from the menu, containing class data and and other info: the framework is entirely coded, and most of the class data is in there. Probably going to put a plot recap feature there as well. Maybe character profiles if I'm feeling extra-motivated.

-In-battle status check: finally figured mostly how to implement it. I at least have it far enough along that I can duct tape the rest together with some special-case nonsense if needed, though I'm still searching for a way to do it more generally.

-Go back through the old maps and make sure everything that looks like it should be interactable is. Most of the things already were, but there's a few that weren't so I'm going to do another pass for consistency, including making sure all the library books have at least something in them.

-Finish up Trysaak. Specifically, touching up the last couple of things in the bazaar, making a couple more of the houses in the residential district accessible, completing the illegal weapons sidequest, and making the inn actually work, which I somehow managed to forget about halfway through coding it such that if you get the inn key you can't ever leave, but can't return it either.

-Try to find a good non-default generic battle theme. Not a deal-breaker if I can't find one, but I'd like to have something not from the RTP there especially.

-Some more icon updates here and there; that's going to be a pretty much continuous ongoing process throughout development.

-Fix any further bugs that I become aware of.

So that's the current plan going forward. Most of the difficult parts are done at least, and after I get all this done I'll have a solid demo and will move forward with the next part of the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment