Tuesday, October 11, 2016

0.2.1 release

I haven't been able to make as much progress as I would have preferred, but I figure you've all been waiting long enough, so here's something of a polish release.

 
https://mega.nz/#!fhEgTRBJ!MLNO0iWeGLbpoR4rb3wChyC3h9AUM_7IpxAlfKva_3c

Patch notes:

- The various class graphics for Faurach are now in the game.
- The post-battle cutscene in the warehouse no longer repeats indefinitely.
- The wizard hat should no longer cause the game to crash.
- The spirit soldier ability is now non-accessible like it should be, but also won't crash the game once it is accessible.
- Status effects in general should now behave a bit more predictably with respect to durations. The most notable effect of this is the Tactical Avoidance ability should actually function now. Side effects may exist with other abilities lasting a bit longer than intended, but that can be more easily smoothed out going forward.
- All weapons currently in the game now have unique graphics
- I've begun groundwork on some systems for later, though not much that would be visible at the moment from the players' perspectives.
- A few minor touch-ups here and there too small to list specifically.

I'm still not entirely satisfied with the last segment in the current demo, but every time I tried to restructure it I got writers block regarding how to do so specifically, so it hasn't changed since the last release. I intend to modify it some when I come up with a good way to do so, but it will be at least ok for the moment.

Thanks to everyone who's been playing and commenting, and especially to the ones who have donated. Enjoy the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment